VARIOUS - AUDIBLE GEOGRAPHY
In the first half of 2008, 11 sound artists were approach to respond to the shifting and expanding field of geography.
Utilising sound as a medium to articulate this field of research, the artists were invited to create a work that reflects on the following statement.
“Geography is an ongoing force shaping our understandings of the environments around us and, in turn, experiences ongoing transformation and development. Considering not only the natural world, but also culture, economy and politics in diverse settings and across many scales, contemporary geography acts as a glue - integrating disparate research streams and continuing to provide insights into our relations with space and place.”
On Audible Geography, 11 of the world leading sound artists consider the scope of geography in the contemporary world.
The results are as varied as they are intriguing. The final edition is offered as a celebration of the 50 th anniversary of the Institute Of Australian Geographers.
1. Dundee Law - Eric La Casa
2. San Salvador (2007) - Stephen Vitiello
3. Móine Mhór Wires - Lee Patterson
4. Any Place Whatever - Asher
5. 4 7 08 - Jeph Jerman
6. Small Sand Stream On Beach -
7. General Electric - Philip Samartzis
8. A Holiday Landscape - Marc Behrens
9. A Arte de Escuridaõ - James Webb
10. Round Mountain - Andrea Polli
11. Untitled #200 - Francisco Lopez